Everyone deserves to experience the satisfaction of a job well done.
Do you have a disability and want to work? REACH can help.
REACH believes that everyone—including individuals with disabilities—can benefit from employment. Your REACH Employment Specialist will work with you one-on-one, to find the right job for your talents, abilities and interests.
Finding a job can be exciting—and challenging. REACH provides all the training and support you need to overcome the obstacles so you can be successful in your new job.
We’ll help you:
- Find a job that matches your talents and interests
- Get to know your employer
- Meet your coworkers
- Understand the workplace culture
- Learn your job duties in a way that makes sense to you
- Feel comfortable and succeed in your position
Your Employment Specialist is focused on one thing: helping you succeed in your job. He or she will be available every step of the way: checking in regularly, visiting you at your job site, and helping you to learn new tasks or resolve problems that may come up.
- Discovery – Meet your Employment Specialist, who will help you:
- Identify your needs, abilities and interests
- Discover your skills through a variety of tasks
- Explore your interests through volunteer opportunities, job tours or job shadowing
- Work with you to prepare your resume or employment applications and develop job interview skills
- Job Development – Your Employment Specialist:
- Partners with local businesses to match a job to your skills, interests and goals
- Brings you and the employer together for an interview
- Helps you to decide whether to accept or reject the employment offer and negotiate the hours you work and how much you are paid.
- Training and Support –
- While you work on mastering your new job, we provide on-the-job training and support for you, your co-workers and your circle of support.
- Job Retention – Your Employment Specialist will:
- Support you through job coaching
- Advocate for you through any problems with your employer
- Check in as needed to ensure continued success